WHAT WE DO
FACE SOUTH SUDAN FOCUS OBJECTIVES STRATEGIES ON ITS PROGRAMING.
GOOD GOVERNANCE (PEACE BUILDING, WOMEN IN GOVERNANCE AND ACCESS TO JUSTICE AND RULE OF LAW)
FACE SOUTH SUDAN, program objective aims to support efforts that the people of South Sudan benefit from more inclusive, equitable and accountable governance, access to justice, human rights and rule of law. To ensure this is achieved, FACE SOUTH SUDAN sets specific objectives including;
Ensuring the Promotion and protection of safe civic spaces and democratic processes. This is done in the implementation of projects on community policing aimed at involving the participation of women and men at grass root communities towards decision making processes on community safety and security, rights issues, social cohesion, and rule of law engagement.
GENERAL PROTECTION (CHILD PROTECTION, GBV, PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT, TRUMA HEALING)SUPPORT TO DISASTER/EMERGENCE PREPAREDNESS, RESPONSE, PREVENTION AND RECOVERY PROGRAM:
FACE SOUTH SUDAN Strategic objective on the program strengthens communities’ resilience and support children’s right to dignity and protection needs before, during and after disasters and conflicts. With high spectacles to responding to the needs of adolescent girls, women, elderly who are among the most at risk when disasters strike- is a key focus of our work
1. Disaster reduction and climate change adaptation to limit the effects of climate change.
2. One of the most devastating consequences of climate change will be a reversal of progress on girls’ rights and gender equality.
3. Emergence on education. This is a fundamental right yet, in times of conflict and disasters it always disrupted, denying millions of boys and girls the opportunity to have a quality and safe education.
4. Child protection. Disasters can have devastating effects on children’ lives, while have increased risks of abuse, and neglect on specifically girls, elderly, impaired person, and women.
5. Cash transfers in emergence. This supports people affected by disasters and conflicts to meet their basic needs such as food, shelter, and generate income.
6. Contribute to pandemic control. FACE SOUTH SUDAN seeks for minimal resources to equally contribute towards limiting the wide spread of the pandemic into the vulnerable grass-root communities by provision of; reliable information on vaccines, face masks supplies, sanitizers supply to community structures, and institutions, mass awareness and sensitization, and establishment hand facilities at public places.
1. SUPPORT TO EDUCATION PROGRAM
FACE SOUTH SUDAN education strategic objective is to: Enhance Community mechanism to support formal and non-formal education – through interventions in both Primary and secondary schools, Vocational Skills Training (VST), life and livelihood skills development of girl child rights, through resource mobilization on school feeding, WASH (provision of sanitary materials, construction safe women rooms, and institutional strengthening/construction for conducive learning)
SUPPORT TO GENERAL LIVELIHOOD PROGRAM
FACE SOUTH SUDAN strategic objective on Agriculture; aims widely to boost the resource base of this backbone program majorly with the purpose of empowering the communities of South Sudan in situation related to eradicating the vicious cycles of poverty, storming hunger which very possible to alleviate with a common community education, awareness and engagement on improving food production, secured availability by improved storage mechanism focused to uplift standard of living within South Sudan through Food security, Economic empowerment of women and Youth on social enterprise development.
SUPPORT TO COMMUNITY HEALTH PROGRAM (WASH, NFI AND NUTRITION)
The support to community health, is one of the fourth thematic areas supporting the achievement of FACE SOUTH SUDAN mission geared towards contributing to the achievement of Sustainable Development within communities aimed at increasing active participation of a healthy population on (WASH, NFI and Nutrition) as a contribution towards achieving (Global Sustainable Development Goals).
In partnership with the implementing NGOs, donors, UN agencies and governments, FACE SOUTH SUDAN works in integration of preventive health and nutrition services by increasing access of vulnerable groups including, children, women, elderly and impaired persons during crisis and in post conflict context situation at all levels n in South Sudan. .
With this goal of community health Program, FACE SOUTH SUDAN was able support universal access to quality health among vulnerable communities in South Sudan through implementation of integrated community-lead and community-focused mechanisms /approaches, through incorporated community health awareness, on COVID 19 disease, reproductive health, sanitary support supplies to secondary girls, WASH implementation and nutrition supplies at child friendly spaces operated and operationalized by FACE SOUTH SUDAN.